Tuesday, May 15, 2007

8 Random Things

I have been tagged by a fellow blogger, Cindy to post 8 random things about myself.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. When I find an author I like, I try and read EVERYTHING they have ever done. This applies to fiction and non fiction.

2. My first 'job' was sewing Barbie clothes for my grandmother's consignment shop. I would sew all summer long and then shortly before Christmas, I would get my pay. I used every bit of fabric or trim I could lay my hands on!

3. I can't swim. I took swim lessons at our local beach in northern ON. On that memorable day, I did manage to doggie paddle to the dock with the other kids. Then we were to jump in and practice treading water. My teacher thought I was faking it...and threw me in. They pulled me out just as I was going under again. To this day, I would love to be able to swim, but it still frightens me. I did make sure my girls had lessons and were comfortable around the water.

4. I learned to drive a standard transmission car in one weekend. I was still in high school and with everything I was involved in, I kept missing my bus home and would have to walk. My parents got me a 68 VW bug and I couldn't take it until I could competently drive it. It was a wonderful gift and today I still prefer a standard!

5. I have had occasions when I knew what was going to happen before it did. They usually involved a loss of some sort. I haven't had one in many years. I like to be surprised along with everyone else.

6. My Dad made sure I knew a lot of things. When I got stuck on homework, he would make me think it through and with guidance, I usually came up with the correct answer. I could use a slide rule with ease, do emergency car repairs on the roadside and debate with the best of them.

7. My creative spirit came from my Mom, who let me try everything! We used to joke about her line - "Oh, I haven't tried that yet!" Up until she passed, every time we got together, we were crafting something new! I once taught her cross stitch basics and wow, the projects she completed! I'm lucky enough to have a special piece in my home.

8. I won't eat it if it doesn't moo, oink or cluck! As a youngster, I loved salmon...until I toured the fishing packing plant in Prince Rupert, BC. I seen the whole process, from the fishing boats to the labels on the cans. Now I can't stand it. My loss.

Now I have to tag 8 people. I did try to check and make sure you weren't tagged twice. If I did, let me know and I'll switch you for someone else!


3 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Thank you for thinking of me, Berta, that's real kind of you! However, I don't do tags anymore. I just never manage to find the time for them. Hope you'll understand. It was fun reading your tags and I do number 1 as well. :)

Pumpkin said...

Ah! I've been tagged twice!

Jamie said...

I've been tagged a few times and I will do it! I love your answers it's a great way to get to know people.