Wednesday, November 07, 2007

No stitching progress :(

It was difficult not to buy anything @IKEA but...I did see a few things which I will put on my wish list for the family...should they get stuck holiday shopping for me!

Monday, Amanda landed the job which she started today. We did a quick trip into the city to the consignment shop to get a couple more dress casual slacks for work. Her previous job had no dress codes.

Rob left today for a 1 week relief job in a remote camp in northern AB. This will give him a better idea of what camp life is all about without being stuck there for a three week period. Should that not be his cup of tea, he did have an interview at the local job fair and has a great lead on a warehouse job. So things are looking up except in the accommodations department. Locally rent starts at $1400! Ouch in any language. But we weren't kicking them to the curb yet...they are safe until the new year!





I got some happy mail yesterday between running the kids around. 36 skeins of DMC floss for unknown projects ahead as well as the sewing pattern I sent away for free...just pay the $2.5o shipping. Another project another month!

The floss is on the Santa pants, which fit great. I just need to do the hem and insert the drawstring once DH decides whether he wants a cord or elastic. Santa's jacket still needs to be cut out,sewn....and then the big issue of the non existent beard! Oh well, we can only go as fast as we can go!

And to add to my household excitement, friends have sold their house and need a place to stay for a few days between the furniture leaving and them leaving after cleaning the house...so we have offered up our second guest bedroom. They are considering it...we may be having another dog and a cockatoo for a wee visit. I haven't had a bird in the house since I was a child with 2 budgies. Apparently Mr Magoo knows some very colorful language! Should be fun!

I'm still trying to do an hour of stitching a day but it's not easy....do good intentions count?

Take care!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I've only been to Ikea once and boy, that's a big store!

Congrats to Amanda for her new job!

That looks like some fun mail :o) Things will settle down soon and you'll get back to Fred I'm sure.

Colorful language huh? That will be interesting ;o)