Friday, January 29, 2010

Still staying out of trouble

The kitchen cupboards are all painted and reloaded.  I did purge more stuff and am so happy to have empty space in some of my cupboards!  We decided on round ceramic white knobs and they look wonderful.  It's taking a bit of time to remember we now have pulls where none existed before. I'm washing and ironing the other set of curtains to go up this afternoon as soon as I get the windows washed. And my camera is charging so I can take a photo or two.

Quilting is not happening...too much painting etc or my hands are so sore and dried out.  This weekend is our local creative age trade show and I'm manning the garden club table for the last 2 hours.  I hope to interest some potential new members.

Joe has a new area of responsibility at work. They do that to keep things fresh and put folks where they are best suited.  In this case one of the supervisors quit because after waiting years, she got the call and is now a new Mom! That was the last thing she expected when she answered the phone.  But they have waited the time period when the birth mom could change her mind but no...Sam is a Mommy!  I digress...so Joe has lost paint which he had along with hardware but they added to hardware all the lumber and other building supplies like shingles, siding, deck & garage kits, insulation and the list goes on & on!  He's quite excited about the learning curve...new software that helps design projects...but has some concerns about the staffing situation.  He can't be everywhere at the same time.  I'm sure once he's had time in the new departments, he'll work something out.

Well that's my life in a nutshell...chapped hands, aching back and desperately in need of some pampering time, maybe even a hair cut!  Joe works for Valentine's Day but has Family Day off so I may do a special supper then...I'm thinking homemade chicken parmigiana and salad with fruit & cheese afterward.   I'll keep you posted...Joe may have plans of his own in the works!

PS...this Sunday on The Food Network's  Iron Chef America, our friend Chef Michael Smith takes on Iron Chef Bobby Flay...please tune in or set it for record!  It should be a great show of culinary talents and ingenuity!

4 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

You have been busy! I can't wait to see your newly painted cupboards. I need to do something with mine as well...I'll put the bug in DH's ear :-)

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

you should fondue! i hear you have a lovely fondue crock pot...yup...thats sass!

Felicity said...

Chapped hands and aching back, oh dear! I have to admit that empty space in the cupboards is probably worth the short term physical discomfort. Have a good week. I'm off to organise the roof to be fixed!

Pumpkin said...

Congrats to Joe on his new position at work :o)