Monday, August 02, 2010

Destination: The Quilted Garden 2010

Last Sunday was the Edmonton & District's Quilter's Guild fundraiser for their scholarship fund.  If only I were a student in the Ecology Textile Program at the University of Alberta.  I don't think I would ever want to graduate!  I would just want to study and play with the fabrics!

These quilts were all made by members of the guild and were lovingly displayed in 1 of 6 gardens withing the greater capital area.  Some of the gardens were those of the quilters, others were a family member's. What a brilliant combination of the two; they just naturally seem to go together.

This is only a sample of what we seen.  I do hope you enjoy the selections I have posted for you.
Beautiful lilies of every colour
Maple Leaves
The Quilter's treasures...her grandchildren
Fancy fish
Home to Roost
Ladybug crawl
Lion thread play
Family details on a quilt of men's suiting
Sunflowers

Tulips amongst the ferns
I'm looking forward to next year's quilt tour! Thanks everyone for allowing us into your gardens to see your lovely quilts!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous quilts!

mumzy said...

That is a great idea to combine a quilt display and beautiful gardens. Lovely quilts too!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

that sunflowers one is so pretty...

Felicity said...

Wow! I love the lion and sunflower ones, in particular

Margaret said...

They are so lovely Berta. This must have been an amazing tour.

Dani - tkdchick said...

exqisite!