Thursday, November 30, 2006

Trying to stay calm


It's hard these past couple of days. I peaked a look at December's calendar...and am I ever busy! My blogging time may be compromised in a huge way! My stitching has been temporarily put away. Sniff sniff!


I travel tomorrow for ~ 10 days to keep my daughter company - he's away on business -. I'm going to finish painting the nursery trim, hang the curtains and the pictures. I'm sure we'll ooh & ahh over the little outfits as well.


Next Thursday is the cookie exchange - just found out that another person is desparate to join the fun...I've already finished my baking so I'm not sure how that will work out.


The following Sunday is the baby shower and then I come home. DH's cousins may be dropping in at our home while I'm gone so I've prepared the guest rooms.


I'm still trying to find time to drive down and see my Dad - he's 7 hours away. I have gifts to deliver and it would be nice just to spend some time together. I really miss him, this year especially.


We aren't sure where we will spend the holiday weekend...the kids & grandkids would like us to come down, but I may be tired to driving that highway. At this time of year, you can never tell how bad the roads are going to be. Then we will be changing our plans when the baby arrives.


I can't wait until New Year's - I'm staying home in my pajamas! Play some board games, have some refreshments and maybe watch a video. Care to join me?




3 comments:

CindyMae said...

You are just too busy for me!!! I feel for you . . .especially since the stitching has to be put away for a bit. I do hope that you find time to see and spend some time with your dad!! Just try and check in and let us know how you are doing once in a while if you are not able to blog often.

Have a wonderful and very Blessed Christmas!!!

Wendy said...

It sounds like the entire month of December has already been planned out! Take care of yourself and enjoy!

Lana said...

This time of the year can be very busy, sometimes the stitching has got to be set aside. I hope you have a great visit with your dad!
~Lana~