Thursday, January 11, 2007

Brrr!

I wish I was commenting on my stitching progress instead of the weather. We had a blizzard yesrterday and it seemed to consume my whole day. Listening to the latest reports...60 cars in the ditch along the stretch of highway DH travels...watching out the front window to see the snow drifts slowly start to cover the first three steps. I knew it would be a great day for homemade soup, so I put on a batch of beef barley. DH was starved by the time he got home from work and snowblowed the driveway. Since my back surgery, I don't push myself too hard when it comes to that sort of thing. I did manage to keep the sidewalks, steps and porch cleared.

This morning, the snow was died down but the winds continue to be a problem as the temperatures plummet to minus 30. Maybe today I'll curl up with a hot cup of tea and stitch myself into a warm fuzzy spot.

3 comments:

CindyMae said...

I am so glad that I do not have to deal with that type of weather . . . well at least not yet, with the way the weather has been acting who knows! LOL I am glad that things have calmed down though!!!

Schokti said...

My mother & sisters are scheduled to fly out of Edmonton tomorrow. There is some concern they will even be able to make it to the airport much less catch a flight out of there. Sort of makes me happy I am not over there today!

Anonymous said...

Stitching during a snowstorm is absolutely the most comforting feeling to me. Get that stitching out!!