Saturday, March 24, 2007

Got the gardening bug!

It's becoming a beautiful day after a little rain shower this morning. I can't believe how much snow has melted. I'll have to pull out my rubber boots today!

I'm been monitoring the greenhouse temps and my dish of water hasn't frozen overnight, so here goes nothing! I'm planting lettuce, both romaine and a mesclun mix along with radishes, bunching onions and swiss chard. I can almost taste them...mmmm!

I'm keeping a gardening journal - which may prove to be invaluable as the years go by. This is my first growing season in the greenhouse. I have so much to learn and so much to look forward to. It's a good thing we have a cordless phone because I don't plan on spending too much time inside the house unless I'm stitching!

So if anyone has some good tips to pass along, I'm all ears! I hope your weekend is as good as mine is turning out to be...we wrap it up Sunday evening with the Eric Clapton concert. I am so fortunate. I wish the same for you and your family.


It's time to start living the life we've imagined.
Henry James






1 comment:

Name: Vicki said...

Good luck on your gardening! I'm glad to hear that things are going good for you!! Your comment to me really meant a lot to me! Things are a little better. I really like the quote you ended your post with! Have a happy day and I look forward to hearing from you soon!