Today's SBQ was suggested by Ish (http://ishsuth.wordpress.com/)
What has been your most challenging project and why?
Without a doubt it has to be Janlynn's Northern Lights. I began it in the winter of 1998. That was the first pitfall to overcome...little natural daylight, working on black Aida!
Then DH got transferred and that meant searching for a new home. He had to go ahead of me because we hadn't found a suitable place. All while this is going on, we are planning for our DD's summer wedding!
It shouldn't have been a big deal but it was. She lived ~ 6 hours away and we had ordered her gown from a local shop where we were now moving away from! Our new residence was 3 hours closer to the kids, but 3 hours away from the gown! Many weekend drives for fittings and the final pick-up. So needless to say, I didn't get much stitching done.
I finally made the move had the house unpacked and set up. Wedding issues were coming along nicely and then boom...word that my Mom was ill. She had terminal lung cancer. Again the stitching got thrown into the back closet. After her passing, I tried to pick it up again but I couldn't.
Years passed and I finally had the nerve to look at it and found that I had done quite a bit of stitching 1 row across and down OFF the chart. too big to frog, so I kept the chart and discarded the piece. I feel bad that I quit on this but it was a painful reminder of what I lost.
But years have healed the wounds and after seeing it completed by Meari, I think I will pull it out once Fred is finished. That may not be until 2008 but I can only work on 1 dark item at a time!
Great question Ish! I enjoyed the look back into my past.