Thursday, September 13, 2007

What to do? EVERYTHING!

After a hard frost last night, things are looking quite sad in the yard but I'm not. It's all parting of the changing seasons and a great reminder that perhaps I too have been in a rut.

So before I could talk myself out of it I have taken the first steps to joining some community groups. They are both very exciting to me...our local town gardening group and the quilting guild! I can hardly wait until the first meetings of the new session.

I peaked into the garden groups website and they have done some great stuff...hypertufa always was on my to do list. There's also the usual seed & plant exchanges and garden tours and some friendly tips or a compassionate ear when things don't quite grow the way you had hoped.

The quilting group is quite small...I'll be the fourth member! But I think that will make it a nice intimate group. Their starting date isn't set yet, but it will be before the thanksgiving weekend in October. That gives me just the right amount of time to plan which of the 3 quilts I want to do next, check my fabric stash and perhaps go shopping. Just so happens I am in possession of a 50% off coupon for up to 5 metres of fabric at my favorite shoppe! I think I've just gone to heaven!!!

On the family side of things....DH is working on his paperwork for a possible PTSD claim. It's not meant to be a cash grab but I want to know the paper trail is there in case something in the future happens and causes him to re-live the past. Hopefully as a secondary effect, troops returning from overseas duty will have better support and assistance should they want/require it. As it is, it's shut up, don't mention it or else you will be labeled for future promotions & considerations.

I've had a lovely week and the weekend will be even better. Our eldest daughter and family are arriving today for the weekend. Jonathan is a going concern, crawls and investigates everything he can reach. So Nannie here has spent the morning picking up everything that may cause grief. It'll be fun!

When the coffee is hot,the talk is good, , the feeling is easy, the laughter light and the memories are many but the time is short....you know you're with a friend.

Til next time - take care!

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Good for you Berta! I belong to a cross stitch group but I'm looking into a photography group as well. I know it's supposed to be good for you so hopefully you will enjoy them :O)

I don't blame your husband for making a claim. It's SO hard to get anyone to look or listen to someone that has an illness that cannot be seen.

Margaret said...

Congrats on joining two fun groups - this is so good for us.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend thoroughly enjoying the visit of your daughter and family.