Monday, December 03, 2007

It was a good thing!

After searching for a year or two and tossing around options, we finally agreed on a new seating arrangement in our living room. Yes it includes my new stitching chair!

I hate waste and knew our old couch and matching chair was still in pretty good shape although it no longer met our needs. I vacuumed the set and cleaned the cushions in preparation for its new home. I posted it on Freecycle , but sadly didn't get any responses. The last thing I wanted was the set to end up in the landfill.

So as an almost last resort, we put the word out with some of our friends in the know. As luck would have it, a friend of a friend knew someone who was just starting over after a tragic set of circumstances. The recipient arrived promptly with a helper and his eyes lit up when he seen what he was getting! Then he told us the story...his common law wife had died while alone...and hasn't found for a while and ALL the household items had to be destroyed. I can't imagine the pain he must have been going through. But I'm so thankful that we found each other!

Paying it Forward every chance we have!

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

That's wonderful Berta! I bet it feels good that you were able to make someone's day :o)

Rebel In Ontario said...

What a wonderful thing, the lord does work in mysterious ways! He knew that someone not on freecycle was going to need your help more so than those on the service.

Alberta said...

So true Rebecca! So true!