Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sniff sniff

Seems like all the holiday pressure/excitement and everyday life has resulted in me getting a little bit sick. That's no fun at this time of year. I can only hope that with some good rest over the next couple of days, I will shake this off before our road trip to visit loved ones.

I did get the most wonderful newsletter in a Christmas card from dear Bliss...I laughed as I read her cheerful thoughts...she sounds like such a nice person, someone I would love to meet in person. I am truly blessed for having met up with her this past year.

Between trying to shake of this chill that has consumed me - where or where is one of those hot flashes/flushes...I sure could use one right about now! - I think I'm going to set some stitching goals for myself for the upcoming year. I know that I made huge progress on Fred while doing the SAL with Bliss and Margaret. I'll work on that compilation and publish it. Please, feel free to keep me accountable for my actions, whether it's a gentle nudge or a swift kick! Sometimes we notice a whisper before a shout!

We just learned that my nephew is going to be a first time father late summer 2008 - another opportunity to knit a layette set or perhaps another crib quilt in the works! Either today or tomorrow my brother & sister in law will welcome their fourth child...they are hoping for a boy for their 3 daughters to dote over. I'll send something after I know that colour to pick! Best wishes for an easy delivery Henry & April!

In the meantime, I'm going to curl up with my down throw, a good book and just try and feel better! Take care!


2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

((((HUGS)))) Don't be sick! That's no fun :o( Rest up and get better soon!

Oh, let us know what happens :o)

Margaret said...

This is not the time of year to get sick Berta. Make sure to take it easy for a few days so that you can enjoy Christmas with your family. Now I'm curious - what is the title of the book you are curling up with? What a lovely picture on the bottom of your post.