Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another closed chapter

I just received the email informing me that the courts have passed my financial records and that my position as Trustee has been renewed for another 6 years.

I should feel elated but instead I find I'm exhausted from this 6 month process. The audit should not have taken that long and I will be asking some questions about the delays. In the past, the books closed end of August, I make up the package and get it in for review and I usually get the whole works back before Christmas. Here it is late March, taxes need to be filed and I need to get the records back ASAP. They have been gone since October.

I do have some personal satisfaction that I stood strong and didn't bow down when they questioned the amount I spent on Dad's companionship and his Christmas shopping. The Order for Trustee states in black and white...no gifts shall be given...but I am not going to not let Dad have a Christmas. It's a matter of his quality of life and all that entails. Dad is still a person with feelings.

If I could turn back the hands of time and have Dad back the way he was, I would. But I can't, so I'll do my best by him. I can't wait until the next time I see him and tell that his wealth has grown by $26K despite these unsure times! Dad, I did good!

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! CONGRATS BERTA! You should be proud of yourself for hanging in there :o) Good for you and great for your dad. I'm SO happy for you :o)

Wendy said...

I'm so happy for you that the court battle is over. What a struggle! But at least you won't have to worry about it for the next 6 years. Congratulations!