Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Catching up!

It's amazing how active everyone has been! I have so many Easter messages to read! I'll have to break it up over several sittings. Glad that most if not all had a super weekend with their loved ones. We were no exception!

Our eldest grandson came to visit for the weekend. Because his brother stayed home sick with a cold, we only had the smallest of celebrations...the boys will have the big with this weekend with Mom & Dad!

Besides taking in the movie Horton Hears a Who, we went 5 pin bowling...Joey's first games and it was a great success...he wants to go again! He is growing up so fast!


With one thing and another, I've decided to put Barnabee's Quest off. I feel drawn to The Serenity Prayer...not sure if I'll keep it myself or gift it to someone dear. My SIL's stepfather passed away over the weekend as did dear Kizmit. I've been reflecting on life these past few hours since the house has gotten quiet and that prayer seems to run through my mind when I least expect it. I will continue to follow the others' progress.

The snow is receding...although Joey couldn't understand why I still had some when it was spring already! That was a funny conversion that lasted most of the weekend. I have a few flower beds starting to show, albeit quite a muddy mess. Now to keep Cody from walking across it! Cody is excited to see some of her favorite toys that she lost under the layers of snow. She was busy tugging on something red but eventually got it out. My tomatoes are doing OK...no true leaves yet but no signs of damp off either.

I'm continuing to work the back stitch and metallic thread on Fred...I made a wee error...only used 1 floss when it should have been 2! But I will re-worked that once all the rest is complete. The error is rather obvious. Stitching is hard because I feel drawn to the outdoors, even if it's on the front porch with a cup of tea and a good book! Still too breezy to take my stitching out. Soon, I hope.

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter weekend and that you enjoyed your time with your grandson :o)

I can't believe you are almost done Fred! Wow!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Sounds like you and your grandson have come up with some interesting ways to keep busy. Bowling sounds like great fun and I may have to take Cameron and try it out. Can't wait to see your flower beds....we are still buried in snow here and Fred sounds like he is progressing nicely.

Stitcher said...

Hi Berta

I found you, sorry you won't be joining in with Barnabee on JN Sunday, but I agree you must go with where you're drawn to. I look forward to seeing it.