Sunday, May 25, 2008

When family becomes friends

DH's cousin has become quite special to me. She's a truly genuine person, in what she does as well as what she says. You can't help but smile when you see her or even just think of her.

Late Friday I received a painful note...her breast cancer has returned and has attached to her bones. And we were just planning a gabfest in the near future! I feel so bad for her but you know...she is just the sweetest person ever, she was concerned about how I would take the news. That just melted my heart.

Her sounds strong despite the unknown treatment - decisions will be made after next weeks CT scan. She never asks for much, gives completely of herself but I hope she becomes selfish and saves her energies for the fight to come. There is so much more we need to say to each other.

A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Berta, I am SO sorry to hear this :o( It's painful to hear about it from anyone but when it's family, it's even more so. I'm sending LOTS of ((((HUGS)))) your way.