Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whew!

Two days on almost non stop emailing of financial info to the lawyers and I feel exhausted but in a good way. I accomplished a lot.

Today was a relax day and by that I meant no numbers except at the grocery stores! I relented and went out for much needed supplies. My pantry was near bare, the frig was empty except for juice, ice water and milk. It was nice to go and get 2 bags of fresh produce...I came home and thoroughly enjoyed a ripe pear. The juices were running down my arm, it was that wonderful! Despite the rising prices, we still buy fresh as often as possible, then frozen and as a last resort tinned. I do find that instead of grabbing a large 5lb bag of apples or oranges, I'm picking 4 0r 5 really nice ones that I know will be enjoyed before they lose their quality.

I am on the hunt for some dried cherries. I heard from 3 reliable sources that cherries eaten on a daily basis help ease the pain of gout. I found some cherry juice in an organic store, great price point but it reminded me of prune juice. Don't get me wrong, I love prunes but I wanted a cherrier taste. So the hunt continues in northern Alberta...land of the cold and long winters and few if any cherry trees!

I was going to post some pics of my progress but seems a gremlin of some sort has messed with my camera...can't see through the view finder in still shots but in movie mode, it's fine. Now where did I put my manual?

Must run...just remembered!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, enjoy your break! Been there, done that. You got a LOT done!