Monday, April 06, 2009

New month, new season...oops!

I've been a bad girl...not much stitching done. Life seems to have derailed my efforts with the chairs. I've yet to complete the winter wreath...it will get done, not sure when. Sorry Bliss & Margaret!

DH starts his new job at Home Depot today. Shift work will take some getting used to but he's looking forward to having direction in his days. So am I! Hence no stitching...he was always taking me away somewhere! lol

We have a bathroom reno project to do. After we repainted the bathroom while the boys were away, we found a minute puncture hole in the base of the fiberglass shower stall. It's 31 years old...harvest gold with orange starburst tiles around it. We thought we were moving along smoothly until DH discovered the stall is bigger than the door! So it doesn't matter toady that it took us a few days of searching to find the exact same size for its replacement. Now we have to find a modular unit that will be the same size. Question - how easy will it be to break/cut the old unit to get it out? Do you use a circular saw or reciprocating saw? Special blades? Eye protection for sure!!!!

Stay tuned for tales of our mis-adventure!

4 comments:

mumzy said...

Yes, I know what you mean about the size of the new stall. We did renovations to the main floor bathroom and we had to remove some of the doors to get the new stall in. What a job!

My Hubby and his friend designed my quilting frames after seeing a smaller similar one in a magazine. They made two, one for our friend's wife and one for me. Both my friend and I love to quilt and living within walking distance of one another, we enjoy life quilting.

Hope Joe enjoys his new job. Good luck with the new job and the new renovations.

Pumpkin said...

Oh Berta, I'm SO happy to hear that DH got a job, no matter what it is. It will take some time to get used to and maybe in the meantime, something else might come up. I will cross my fingers for you both!

Ohhhhh, bathroom renovations.... Put it this way, I'm glad it's you and not me ;o) Good luck!

Felicity said...

Bathroom renovations :-( (that's a very, very, very long face, Berta). Good to hear that hubby is back at work. I'm glad you didn't move. It's such a pain in the date, as The MOTH says.

Don't worry about the chair. I've not touched mine in months. I've hardly stitched, in fact. You are in grand company! LOL

CindyMae said...

Congrats on hubbies new job!! I hope that he is really liking it!!