Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow, it still doesn't seem real...jetting off to NB for 3 days! Seeing all those lovely people. Watching Irene work the room at her birthday celebration...she went a visited everyone and mad them feel oh so special.
It was truly a collaborative effort...Paul did the party arrangements, Betty helped with Friday night dinner...lasagna and cabbage rolls, Brenda made a video tribute of old photographs of Irene through the years, Anne and Amy made a scrapbook and laminated place mats, Lesley made the cookbook and I made the quilt.
Joe & I were surprised by the appearance of Marcel and Margaret, friends of ours who were married same day as us. We seen them occasional through the years, living the military adventure. Both looked so good and are still very much like us with lots of family focus.
I downloaded my photos, but the computer crashed & is now on its way to to repairs. I do have some posted on LIL SALMON HOUSE please stop by.
On a sad note, while the celebrations were going, we had sad hearts...a cousin of Joe's disappeared, 2 days before our arrival. Today is day 8 and police have prepared the family for the worse. We are trying to stay positive but it's hard without some physical evidence. Aunt M is not alone, her daughter is now with her and they are leaning heavily on each other. I will post happy news when we get it.
Tomorrow I'm on the road south, another card crafting night and I'm adopting our daughter's 12 year old Siamese cat Romy. They just confirmed that dear Alex is allergic. It'll be interesting to see how our 16 year old dog Cody re-acts. Romy had visited for other reasons a few years back, so will Cody remember? Stay tuned.
Now to check on you all and see what you've been up to these past few days!

1 comment:

Maren said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I hope they bring Joe's cousin home safe and sound. Don't give up hope.