Tuesday, November 03, 2009

New month of opportunity

We went, did the move and everything went so well, only 1 thing was broken and that was as the big roll up door was pulled up! I detailed some of the events on my family blog
Lil Salmon House We were so busy we only had time for a quick tour before unloading the truck and heading back through the mountains. The only photo I took...JR playing in the family room with his mommy. He was such a great traveler, chatting away and letting us up front know what he needs were. Now he has to figure out which room is the living room and what the heck is a family room?! So cute.
Tonight is Stitch & Rip aka our monthly quilting guild! Hopefully there is more stitching and no ripping. Darn frogs! I'm happy about tonight's meeting, we have a guest speaker. She was initially scheduled to speak last month...the night I was out of town.
The project I'm working on tonight is my interpretation of Lyn Brown's
Magic Twist and Stitch 9 -Patch Is it coincident that another guild member is working on a disappearing 9 patch? Show & Tell will be fun and inspiring. I have such a long list of quilt blocks I want to try, like the 9 Patch Spool Sampler from Lyn's great site. CHECK for yourself.

I haven't picked up my cross stitch...seems Romy has claimed my stitching chair as her afternoon snooze spot. See what happens when I'm done so much?

Hope this finds you all well and productive...I have so many great blog entries to read - lucky me!

6 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

I'm so glad everything went well...love the photo - he is a cutie patootie!

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear that they move went well. Your grandson is adorable :o)

Mel said...

So happy to the move went well!
What a great quilt pattern

mumzy said...

Happy to hear the move went so well and that JR was such a great traveller. It helps that he is so darn cute!

CindyMae said...

So happy to hear that the move went well!! What a great pic! Love the quilt!

Felicity said...

sadly, the cat may as well have taken over MY stitching chair for the amount of use it's getting at the moment. I guess when school term finishes in 3 weeks and i'm again unemployed for 6 weeks, things will look up.