Friday, December 11, 2009

Fertilizer Friday Dec 11/09


A first for me!




Tootsie runs this and on such a cold winter day, it goes a long way warming my spirit. I don't have bulbs forcing into bloom, or beautiful cactus flowers.  I do however have a lovely memory of tulips gone past. 
These were White Dream  Triumph Tulips that were stunning in front of my ferns.  This lasted for 3 weeks, a clean pure white in the shade of the green fronds.  Stunning, don't you think?Today as the sun rises, my garden is asleep in this deep freeze of -20'C.  Tomorrow we'll begin the slip into the -31'C zone.  A winter wonderland I will appreciate from into the warmth of our home.  


I love reading your garden posts, so much inspiration and joy. Happy weekend.

5 comments:

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Those are gorgeous White Tulips!! Not sure I've ever seen white before. Yes they are lovely against the ferns!

Congrats on joining in! Glad to have you!
Have a great day!
*hugs*deb

Darla said...

Beautiful white tulip memory...I have some red tulip bulbs planted in a container, I had to put them in the freezer for 9 weeks before planting them....

Tootsie said...

okay...first...welcome to FF!!! Second...your tulips are wonderful...I don't have luck with that plant...but have a friend who really does a lot of them and they are gorgeous in the spring...THIRD....WHERE IN ALBERTA ARE YOU????????
I am in Red Deer. did I ask this before? sorry if I did...blonde moments are a plenty ya know! lol
have a great weekend...thanks for joining me !

mumzy said...

Gorgeous white tulips! I have a flower garden along my back walkway but did not take any pictures of it.

Pumpkin said...

Absolutely beautiful tulips Berta! I find flowers in the middle of winter do warm the heart :o)