Friday, December 11, 2009

Fertilizer Friday Dec 11/09


A first for me!




Tootsie runs this and on such a cold winter day, it goes a long way warming my spirit. I don't have bulbs forcing into bloom, or beautiful cactus flowers.  I do however have a lovely memory of tulips gone past. 
These were White Dream  Triumph Tulips that were stunning in front of my ferns.  This lasted for 3 weeks, a clean pure white in the shade of the green fronds.  Stunning, don't you think?Today as the sun rises, my garden is asleep in this deep freeze of -20'C.  Tomorrow we'll begin the slip into the -31'C zone.  A winter wonderland I will appreciate from into the warmth of our home.  


I love reading your garden posts, so much inspiration and joy. Happy weekend.

5 comments:

deb said...

Those are gorgeous White Tulips!! Not sure I've ever seen white before. Yes they are lovely against the ferns!

Congrats on joining in! Glad to have you!
Have a great day!
*hugs*deb

Darla said...

Beautiful white tulip memory...I have some red tulip bulbs planted in a container, I had to put them in the freezer for 9 weeks before planting them....

Tootsie said...

okay...first...welcome to FF!!! Second...your tulips are wonderful...I don't have luck with that plant...but have a friend who really does a lot of them and they are gorgeous in the spring...THIRD....WHERE IN ALBERTA ARE YOU????????
I am in Red Deer. did I ask this before? sorry if I did...blonde moments are a plenty ya know! lol
have a great weekend...thanks for joining me !

mumzy said...

Gorgeous white tulips! I have a flower garden along my back walkway but did not take any pictures of it.

Pumpkin said...

Absolutely beautiful tulips Berta! I find flowers in the middle of winter do warm the heart :o)