Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Aging eyes & not so steady hands

I'm not sure which is my case but I'm finding it harder to thread my needle these days and oh how I love using my new stand.  I found that as I stitched and I got tired, I was having more and more trouble getting the thread through the eye of the needle.  At times it seemed the eye shrunk!

But today I recalled a handy tip I learned at the Gathering of the Guilds session and it works beautifully.  I don't know about you but I like the wet my freshly cut floss ends before I try threading my needle.  Well I remembered that one of the women suggested that you carefully wet the eye of the needle and then thread it.  Guess what?  It works like a charm!

Tomorrow we celebrate Canada Day...we will be 143 years young.  Enjoy the day & drive safe! 

5 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I've never heard that! Huh. I'll have to give it a try :o)

Have a great Canada Day Berta!

Karen said...

I'll have to give that a try. I have always used a needle threader to thread my needle.

Felicity said...

Happy Canada Day!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great suggestion! I've been doing a lot of 2thread w/ 1 thread of BF and threading sometimes takes me like 5 minutes! Pesky threads!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Interesting...maybe it has something to do with static??? Anyways, it is worth a try!