Friday, June 25, 2010

A Door Closes

Yesterday I was able to positively confirm that my only brother has passed away.   He had distanced himself from the family about the time our Mom was losing her battle with lung cancer.  My brother asked that I not contact him anymore and as sad as it was, I respected that wish.

While trying to settle my late Dad's estate these past 18 months, I needed to find my brother.  There was a break in this search 3 weeks ago and yesterday someone was kind enough to talk to me. This friend truly knew my brother and as sad as I am to know that we lost him, I am at peace with knowing how he spent his last years. 

I have some good memories including this photo from about Grade 7.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

My heart goes out to you as you relive the loss of your brother. May it comfort you to know that he is at peace.

love, Margaret

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Finding out so many years later must be very difficult. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Pumpkin said...

I'm sorry to hear this as well Berta. I'm sorry that things went bad and you two went separate ways. I'm sorry that you didn't get to be a part of each others lives. I do hope you will have closure though. ((((HUGS))))