Friday, March 25, 2011

Lumps & Bumps

Well I haven't been cross stitching lately. Got side tracked when our centennial quilt project hit a rather large bump. Seems we didn't qualify for a grant because we are just a group of like minded folks trying to make something memorable. BUT where there is a will...a group associated with our local library has agreed to let us flu under they domain and so we are re-working our grant application before the March 31 deadline. We have yet to decide who will present our grant to town council.

Yesterday the latest issue of Quilters Newsletter arrived locally.  I had to rush out to see my friend Kim who is featured on page 28 in the HQ advertisement.  You can check out her story HERE

I have some of my seeds showing, but I can't recall a later start in years.  Maybe it's our never ending winter.  We received another 12 cm of fresh snow this week.  Here we are almost April and the snow banks are still shoulder high.  I won't complain too loudly though, folks in other parts of the world have had it much worse than I.

I've been playing with my EQ7, and have finally started to make some headway.  I created my first pattern and have it started.  Will post pics when I get farther into it.  It's a crib quilt...a girlie one, which is a refreshing change.

Springbreak starts for Thing 1 & Thing 2...they arrive tonight to spend time with their Nannie. We missed a Christmas visit so they made sure Mom & Dad knew about this trip well in advance.  Papa arrives home Tuesday evening.  Not sure what all we will do but I do know that we are heading to the movies on Wednesday to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2.  The prequel was hilarious. 

Take care

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I hope you can get the funding.

More snow? Oye! It's been cold here but at least there is no snow in sight.

Have fun with the kiddies :O)

mumzy said...

Good luck with the funding. I'm glad you got the snow and not us. Sorry but we had more than our share this year.

Sounds like you are having fun with the grandkids.