Monday, January 09, 2012

9/366

It was not the best weekend ever. I have gout so I don't drink beer except maybe twice a year and then it's only 1. Well I tried a new-to-me one that doesn't have preservatives. Tasted quite nice. Then mid way through my sleep I awoke with gas pains like you wouldn't believe. There seemed to be a huge bubble over my stomach. Tried Gas-X, bland food and some club soda but it took it's jolly time before I got some relief, mostly in the form of multiple baby burbs. Today I'm much better and no I won't be trying that again!

Yesterday once I was well on the mend, we headed out for a session of antiquing. We were hoping to stumble across a sporran but no such luck. However I did spy 2 EXQUISITE Brandy Snifters in perfect condition! We didn't have any so...we do now!

Today Is Day of a 2 month weight loss challenge with 5 others.  I'm so weak, I cave at the mere whiff of something baking in the oven!   Guess I'll just have to keep busy with activities that aren't conducive to snacking!!! I may not win but at least I will be more aware of what I'm eating and how much I'm not moving.  Did 35 minutes on the treadmill while watching my favorite music video!  WooHoo ME!!!! :)  TTYL

4 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Great find Berta!

Sorry to hear you had a bad beer experience ;o)

Meari said...

Glad you're feeling better. Good luck on the weightloss. I'm doing a Get Fit Challenge with coworkers. I hope I lose *some* weight this year!

Margaret said...

Sorry your weekend got off to a bad beery start but now that you have those lovely brandy snifters you'll never drink beer again :o)

Do you collect sporrans? Which leads to the next question - have you read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon?

hugs, Margaret

Felicity said...

I, too, am sorry the weekend got off to a rough start. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Good success with the weight loss efforts. We're just like Hollywood actresses. We're not only gorgeous, we're all hungry!

I hope you had a nice birthday.