Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What am I going to do?

Well I finally received the phone call about that training last week.

As it turns out there were significant managerial issues that needed to be worked out, primarily because I would be working under the direct supervision of my husband. The company had an unfortunate incident a few years prior where almost the entire warehouse staff worked off the job when I person left. Although they all had different surnames, they were all related! But, I have worked under Joe before without any problems at work or home. BTW, he has worked under me as well!

So I have been offered a 90 day contract working for the GP consultant, with a possible renewal extension or re-writing the job description. The money is good...I wish it wasn't, it would make the decision easy.

The project excites me, I know it can work and make the operation so much more effective and cost efficient. I love a challenge and this falls into that category.

But...

I value my free time and the ability to drop everything if I need to rush off for Dad's needs or the girls or the grand kids...I love the calmness of my day. I'm excited about my first year of greenhouse gardening.

But...I feel drawn to this project and the huge learning curve and the thought of making a significant contribution...

But...please feel free to leave your thoughts...another point of view may help clear my head.

I have a lot of thinking to do before Joe gets home, then the real talking will begin!

1 comment:

CindyMae said...

To be honest, I am not sure what to say. I think that talking with Jo of course is the first thing to do. I am sure that whatever you decide, it will be the right choice!