Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Has it really been that long?

We've all experienced time passing before we even realize it. Well I had that brought home to me yesterday by our dog Cody!

This past spring when I did my 101 things in 1001 days list, I knew I wanted to eat better and lighter. I guess I made the transition and hadn't realized it.

Yesterday was cool, I mean really cool after the past 13 days on plus 30' temps. I was so tempted to nudge the thermostat up...but for crying out loud...it was July! So I did the next best thing...I planned a nice roast beef dinner with Yorkshire pudding and an apple pie for dessert.

I soon warmed up, the house smelled yummy....but I couldn't get Cody out of the kitchen! She was under foot every time I turned around.

Finally it was dinner time. I could hear Cody moving about the kitchen from the dining room. When I peaked in...she was spread eagle on the floor in front of the oven...drooling for her share of yummies! I hadn't seen that before and when I thought about it...I realized it had been a very looong time since I made such a 'heavy' meal. Yeesh!

I guess a dog can't get excited about salad! Maybe I can't either now!

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Too funny about Cody! My puppy dog does the same thing when I cook our favorite meals.

Have a good day:)

Pumpkin said...

LOL! Once in awhile won't hurt ;o)

PLEASE send some of that cooler weather this way!