Monday, January 24, 2011

Awkward!

Do you remember the first time learning to drive a stick shift?  Trying to coordinate hands and both feet while staying on your side of the street? Well that was me yesterday!

Not driving but trying to cross stitch!!!! First I felt like I was all thumbs with the tiny gold needle.  Then I frogged a bit because I had my crosses going the wrong way.  Finally I couldn't seem to count to 5 successfully!!!! I think my 4 year old grandson could have done better.

However I persevered and seen  progress.  What do ya think? Babysteps I know but steps none the less!
4 Seasons Chairs


5 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Yay! She's stitching again :o)

Alberta said...

Thanks Cathey! Stay warm :)

mumzy said...

Persistence does pay off. Glad to see you are back!

Rebel In Ontario said...

WOOL HOOP! Happy to see you starting to get back into the stitching groove...and yes, babysteps will still get you the end result.

Felicity said...

LOL. That sounds like me and knitting a few weeks ago. I'm trying to make the Princesse Royale's bub a matinee jacket. It's knitted all in one to the arms which means 300 stitches. I wasn't capable of COUNTING 20 stitching before Attention Deficit (and what number comes next can I have a conversation?) set in! So tell me, what's a twig chair please? I thought you had finished the Spring Chair!